Lossiemouth FC was founded in 1945 and entered the Highland League in 1946, and have taken part ever since. The club maintained a notoriously lop-sided rivalry with Elgin City until the beginning of the 90′s at which point Lossie started to win more regularly. The club enjoyed it’s most successful period in the early to late 1990′s, when it was never far from the top of the table, and capped things off with a cup double in 1996-97 with victories in the North of Scotland Cup and the Highland League Cup.
The club nickname is ‘The Coasters’ and was the result of a competition between the towns primary schools.
Lossiemouth FC play at Grant Park, which was bought from the council and has had new dressing rooms built and new floodlights and an enclosure added since then. In the summer of 2009, the famous old stand was torn down and work began on replacing it with a newer version as plans to renovate the ground continue.
Pre-and post match, punters can enjoy a pint in the Lossiemouth FC Social Club at 39 – 41 Macduff Street, a two minute walk from the ground.
Despite not yet landing the championship trophy, Lossie have been a successful cup side over the years, completing a famous hat-trick of wins in the North of Scotland Cup. The clubs last trophy was in the same tournament, when the Coasters beat Rothes 3-1 at Mosset Park.
Highland League Cup Winners – 1961-62, 1996-97
Scottish Supplementary Cup (north) Winners – 1956-57
Stuart Cup Winners – 1946-47, 1948-49
North of Scotland Cup Winners – 1994-95, 1995-96, 1996-97, 2000-01, 2002-03
First League Cup tie: v Forres 10 August 1946 (won 5 -2) crowd 1,623
First Highland League match: away v Fraserburgh 24 August 1946 (won 4-1) crowd 1200
First Highland League match at home: v Elgin City 29 August 1946 at Grant Park (won 3-0)
First Qualifying Cup tie away v Rothes 7 September 1946 (Lost 5-3)
First North Cup tie: away v Clachnacuddin 15 February 1947 (lost 2-0)
First Scottish Cup tie: home v Murrayfield Amateurs 11 September 1954 (won 6-0)
Record Attendance: 2700 (against Elgin City 28 December 1948)